We just ask:
- That performances are suitable for all audiences.
- Your performance is 60 minutes max. (so that one porch doesn't dominate the block).
- That you are free on September 9th (and 10th for the rain date) starting at 12:30pm (time slots will follow).
- If you are amplified, to keep the volume low out of respect for fellow performers nearby and neighbors (not everyone's into Porchfest).
- If you need to find a porch host: go to our Facebook Connector page and post a little something about yourself or your band; reach out to your neighbors if you live in the neighborhood; and if all else fails, email us at email@example.com.
- Provide us with a short sentence bio for promotion and event map by 9/2 at the absolute latest.
- That you connect with your host as soon as possible to go over exactly where you'll be playing on their porch, if there are seating, electrical, and any other needs.*
- That you communicate clearly and respectfully with your porch hosts about everything you need before/during/and after your performances so everything stays on good terms.
- Get a big old tip jar to put out during your performance, since this is a free event.
- That you email us with your full contact information so we can get in touch with you ASAP if needed.
- That you reach out to us immediately with any problems or concerns regarding your hosting site at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*We are asking all porch hosts to provide you with electrical outlets, bathroom access, water, securing of pets, and a safe and welcoming environment in the front of their home. Please also be respectful of your host's personal COVID requirements, as they also need to respect yours. Please go to the Hosts tab for more information*
And don't forget: It's encouraged that performers leave out a tip jar!